I love to elevate the brands challenging industry norms. My client experience speaks to my passion for disruptive brands: Ulta Beauty is taking on Sephora, Qumulo is taking on Dell, Strava is taking on Nike Run, and cannabis is taking on just about everything.
In my current role, I primarily work with a mix of clients across enterprise tech and consumer tech, including Nutanix (cloud infrastructure), Qumulo (file data management), Two Sigma Ventures (VC), SmartRent (smart home automation) and Volley (voice-controlled entertainment).
B2B / Enterprise Technology
I’m a total tech nerd. I love learning about what makes the world work, from data streaming to IoT. Bring on the B2B.
- Nutanix: Hyperconverged infrastructure and cloud leader.
- Qumulo: The file data platform simplifying unstructured data management.
- SmartRent: Smart home automation platform for property managers in multifamily and single-family.
- Confluent: Leader in real-time data streaming.
- Yobi: RFID platform for cannabis cultivators and retailers.
In addition to B2B, I have experience working with talented teams on the consumer side.
- Volley: The voice-controlled entertainment network behind popular games on Amazon and Google.
- Strava: Social-fitness app connecting athletes and tracking exercise.
- Whirlpool: American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances.
- Eaze: Leading cannabis delivery platform.
Retail and CPG
I’ll always have a soft spot for retail. It’s fascinating to watch the creativity and competition behind the brands that win over consumers.
- Ulta Beauty: National beauty retail chain.
- Willie’s Remedy: Willie and Annie Nelson’s hemp-infused coffee and tea brand.
- Coda Signature: Luxury infused products brand, creating beautiful, high-end chocolates and confections with cannabis.
- PHYX: Cannabis-infused sparkling water. One of the first THC beverages to hit the market.
- Canna Provisions: Premium dispensary chain with locations across Massachusetts.
Venture Capital / Holding Companies
I enjoy working with companies that have multiple brands in the portfolio – it’s like having multiple clients within a client, and there’s always something new to learn.
- Two Sigma Ventures: Data-driven investment firm with expertise across SaaS, consumer technology and more, with a focus on early-stage companies.
- Schwazze: Publicly traded vertically integrated operator with multiple cultivators, retailers and manufacturers in its portfolio.
- Cliintel Capital Management: Venture capital firm specializing in cannabis investments.
A challenger is not a brand that challenges somebody, but a brand that challenges something. Very few explicitly take on another brand in their category, but all of them are challenging something they feel needs to change.– eatbigfish